Morning Dan,

>> At 08:08 AM 7/30/2007, you wrote:

 If you are just going for a colloidal silver maker in Iraq, you do not
need batteries. There is plenty of reliable sun. You just need a solar cell and a current limit circuit.
   Likely this application needs the smallest solar charger in the world.

   It sure seems like a "Near nothing" solar panel.

I would guess, 2 X 2 inches or 3 X 3 inches at most.

I read some of the articles ( links on this list, I think ) about home built solar panels.

Even in the primitive countries they could come up with the materials. Plus, charity groups make regular donations for some causes. Average income per person is $ 20.00 per year, or less.

What surprised me, is that there are a few knowledgeable and educated people in these countries. I feel sure many of them help the ones that are not.

The batteries will just cause more expense and they will probably be taken out for a more important purpose, like powering up the walkman or whatever they use these days...

Yes, I agree. Not sure why the person wants to integrate the CS power with other more complex and powerful applications.

If he is going to distill water, he must have a reasonable decent and powerful solar cooker. These have been in the evolution stage now for many years so proven ideas exist.

I found several small solar panels but they are too expensive for the primitive countries.

Wayne