Get at least 2 or 3 more second opinions on her condition.  I wouldn't wait
around for one doctor if anyone in my family or acquaintance was suffering.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl Deb Charter
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:16 PM
  Subject: CS>Burning Feet

  Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with severe burning feet in an elderly
woman?  My mother has this problem and some swelling of her feet.  The doctor
did a diabetes test, she hasn't heard from them so she's assuming it's not
that. I suspect she has neuropathy.  The doctor also said it is nerve damage in
her feet. He put her on some medication, called nuerotonin, or something like
that, or its generic, which makes her feet swell!!  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!