On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:46:08 -0500, Dan Nave wrote in
<46be3c30.1000...@comcast.net>:

>I have a very large aloe vera plant that I have been growing
>for several years.  It is getting over-large for it's pot,
>and because of the weather it can't be planted outdoors, etc.
>
>Is there some way I can process it?
>
>How should I use it up, since I don't want to waste it?

You can make two plants of it!

Cut the plant about 3 centimeters above the soil level.
It will grow two or three new limbs from sleeping buds.

Cut it a second time about 20 centimeters below the
top. Remove the leaves from the lower half of this stem,
let it dry for a few days and then plant it into a cactus
soil mix.

Only little watering and no direct sun until it shows
new growth - then it will have grown new roots that can
make use of the water. If the soil is kept too wet,
the plant will foul.

The leaves that you have harvested can be frozen until
you need them.

Some very large aloe plants also have "kids" at the
bottom. These can be taken away, with their roots
if possible, and will make new plants too!

Heidrun Beer

Workgroup for Fundamental Spiritual Research and Mental Training

http://www.sgmt.at

http://www.RecastReality.org