On the other hand, I also had a very severe fungal infection that required antifungals. This gave me a herks that was hard to believe- I was in bed for 3 & 1/2 weeks, too sick to get up except for call of nature. Now I am more informed and would use activated charcoal to help with that reaction, as it does stick to the toxins- even some medical studies have shown this to be true. Cholestyramine does an even better job, but it is an RX. If you google it, you can read down the list of what I had to go through until the fungal toxins were out of my body.

Now the CS does cause some kind of reaction, but it is not a herks, for me. maybe I am already cleaned out from the antifungals. I do have a rxn from the CS, but it is more like it is getting into the tissues and releasing the toxins, so I have more rxns like you can read about on Dr Shoemaker's site- the small bones in my hands hurt more, joints more sore, if I don't pay attention my throat swells up, like an anaphylaxis. However, since I used to have that every day anyway from the illness, it does not worry me- I just back off a little more. It is only an occasional thing. It seems to me, that the toxins are a different animal than the fungus infection that caused the major herks.

Kathryn

On Sep 8, 2007, at 12:45 PM, S-Max wrote:

Dee,
Google ' Jarish-Herxheimer Effect.' You are creating false meaning here. That is where most problems begin. Remember - anything that you create, you
can un-create when it comes to a distorted belief or idea. Also, ask
yourself, "Is what I am believing, REALLY TRUE?" You are fusing idea A that has a personal judgment attached, with experience B, and creating something
that is false. Separate (A) from (B), and what do you get?
S-Max
-------Original Message-------
From: Dee

To me this would mean that this is not good for me, and I would stop taking
it. I have never really gone with this 'herx' reaction because I always
remember when my husband was ill with a nervous breakdown, and they kept on giving him different anti-depressants. Each one made him feel worse than the one before and he just refused to take them. The doctors said that he
would feel better if he would only let his body 'get used' to the
medications in six to eight weeks. To me this is wrong, and the body is
telling you quite clearly that this is wrong. As it turns out, with all the bad press for Prozac and the like, I think my husbands body was quite right!

Dee