> My friend who has congestive heart failure was
> prescribed a pharmaceutical
> version of potassium.  I just take high doses of the kind I can get at
> Walmart and my blood pressure
> has dropped 50 points.

**** Wow Jodi -- that's impressive.  I was experiencing leg muscle cramps last
Summer, and my chiropractor told me that heavy sweating depletes the body of
potassium and causes muscle cramping -- and that I should supplement my
potassium intake.  It did work.  But I had no idea that potassium could affect
these other things.  One problem that I have is swelling of my left ankle if,
for some reason, I'm inactive for a length of time -- such as a long day of
driving someplace.  I wonder if this could be another symptom of potassium
insufficiency.  MA