--On 10 September 2007 11:33:00 -0500 marmar...@bellsouth.net wrote:

One problem that I have is swelling of my left ankle if, for some reason,
I'm inactive for a length of time -- such as a long day of driving
someplace.  I wonder if this could be another symptom of potassium
insufficiency.  MA

Nor really. It happens to people of all ages on 3 day coach drives etc, due to cramped conditions, even whilst sleeping. Cramps occur due to pressure on nerves (sciatica etc), and nerve& muscle deterioration, like myoinfarction, partial paralysis, hemiplegia, slump, computer slump, postural (mis)alignment, and so forth.

Your case sounds like circulation problems and flexibility all round. Work on fkexing your ankles, and standing postures should help, and offset further weakness.

JOhn