ALA has been reported by some people to cause chelation of heavy metals, in particular mercury in one woman who posted on one list so we can be on the lookout for those symptoms if we take ALA. She was taking 600 mg all at once at the time, it mobilized the mercury and it re-deposited before she knew what was going on, and caused other symptoms. She has changed to using it in small doses several times a day, which does not cause the symptoms, since it is slowly released, and her body can easily handle the release of the toxins.

Kathryn