On Nov 1, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Wayne Fugitt wrote:

Morning Arnold,

The problem with this method is that by the time you see these bubbles the process has run away in terms of current density

  I don't understand this.

  I have never seen any bubbles ?

  Where do the bubbles come from ?

  Who looks for bubbles ?

  Wayne

Good Morning Wayne,

When I first started out making it, I followed some instructions on a website showing a very simple method that Arnold has described. It was more like a yellow mist, floating from one electrode to the other. That is the visual clue that it is almost time to turn it off. It does look very cool. Then I found some instructions on what size potentiometer to get to put in series and control the current, making a higher quality product.

So these are some very simple instructions for someone that does not have much to work with.

Kathryn