I always thought you *had* to ingest bioflavenoids with Vit C otherwise it
wasn't bio-available.  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: Marshall Dudley
Date: 07/11/2007 17:36:33
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Best type of Vitamin C to buy

faith gagne wrote:
> What on earth is a 'complex' of vitamin C?   Is that like a 'complex'
> of prune juice?   Or a 'complex' of the brazil nut?
>
> l-ascorbic acid IS vitamin C,  period the end amen.
Not really.  Vitamin C is pretty well anything ascorbate.  If it is
hydrogen, then it is ascorbic acid, and if sodium, then it is sodium
ascorbate.  Natural vitamin C is normally in the form of a metal
ascorbate I believe.  Only the man made C is pure ascorbic acid.  Also
it is believed that the bioflavoids are very important, and those show
up in things like rose hips, but not in the artificial C.

Marshall