I have discovered that I can get rid of a bad cold only to be re-infected again
in a short time.  This may be because of closed up houses in cold weather where
air-borne and surface germs can collect and reside in comfort.  So here is a
tip that some of you may know about but I thought I'd share it anyway:

All through the cold and flu season  I spray almost everything in my house with
a germ-killing mixture that I make myself.  It is cheap and effective.  I can't
remember where I got the recipe but it works wonders.  I start in the kitchen
and go right through the house spraying and wiping all surfaces that are
touched all the time:  sinks, fridge, stove, PHONES, REMOTE CONTROLS, door
knobs, tables,  light switches,  bathrooms, bedrooms, etc., you-name-it.  It
only takes me a few minutes and the house is much fresher and more germ free.
I may repeat the  exercise for a couple of days.   I do this all winter.

I never had CS to do this with,  but here is what I have used for a long time
and continue to use:  In a spray bottle put 1/3 isopropyl alcohol, 1/3 hydrogen
peroxide (food grade of course) and 1/3 water.  Mix it up and spray away.

Works for me.

Faith G.