What on earth is a wall wart?

Faith G

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clayton Family" <clay...@skypoint.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:27 PM
Subject: CS>what did I do wrong?

Dear Esteemed and Learned List Members,

I was fooling around with a wall wart that is listed as 24V and 500mA, and had it hooked up in series with my radioshack multimeter. It tested as 30.6V, and after I switched it to mA, the meter failed. Now it just reads micro volts and won't read anything else. Dang! Maybe I had it on micro amps instead of milliamps, and would that break it?

I need another multimeter! But I don't want to just turn around and break this one too.

Thanks,

Kathryn