" To measure *current* you actually have to interrupt your circuit and
let the current flow *through* the meter. It's not the same connection
arrangement as for measuring the voltage."

If the system is arranged in this way it will be inevitable that at some time the two electrodes will touch together and the fuse of the meter will be blown. It is best to use a resister of a fixed value that will limit the current to a Max level. If we use four nine volt batteries we have a total of thirty six volts. If we deduct the minimum voltage differential of our colloidal silver generators cell of four volts that leaves us with thirty two volts. Here is a setup using a 37K resister with the multimeter set on voltage measurement across the resister. As the process of generating ions progresses and the resistance of the cell decreases the voltage across the resister will simply increase. If the electrodes are accidentally shorted together, no harm will be done. The current will be limited to one milliamp in this case at the available voltage of thirty six volts, divided by the resistance thirty three thousand Ohm's, resulting in a current of one milliamp, approximately. I have included some JPEGs is to illustrate this.

The resister with little loops already formed at each end. Put the probes from the multimeter inside the loops. Here is the picture.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/abeland1/cs2.jpg

Attach an alligator clip from one of the jumper cables to one of the test leads tip points as shown. Do the same again with another test lead.

Attach an alligator clip from the unused jumper cable to one of the battery terminals that is still exposed. The other end of this cable clip onto the end of one of the lengths of silver wire.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/abeland1/cs6.jpg

You are almost there. Remember the two jumper cables that you attached to the resister and test probes? Choose one of those and attach the free and to the remaining battery terminal that is still exposed.

Attach the free and of the remaining cable to the other piece of silver as shown.

Now we are ready to test our generator. Turned the control on the multimeter to two hundred volts DC as shown in the picture. When the two silver wires are separated it should read zero volts.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/abeland1/cs5.jpg

When you touch the two silver wires together, this causes the voltage to flow through the resister and a major will read approximately thirty eight volts, which happens with fresh batteries.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/abeland1/cs4.jpg

Best Regards,
Arnold Beland
www.atlasnova.com