Katheryn,
Not only are they not going to move, she was raised in the house, and currently
are putting 500k into the house,the house from where it sits is worth much
money, view of the water etc.
I would have thought that before they started ripping and stripping that they
would have started in the basement!!! They have not diverted the water, but i
think made it worse by putting a garage right on top of the path of the water
as it never ran in the basement before, and to compound it no curtain drain.
I have tried to tell her that I believe that her problems came from the toxic
house as they took  everything to the studs and what is left is the smell of
mold,rat and roach, bad as far as I am concerned.  But I was not sure that
toxic sludge could be caused from enviornment, but when tracing all back
everything leads to the house.  The house they are living in has the smell of
mold as it is also very old.
We live in rain country Washington State, lately I have noticed, that so many
people are cutting trees and pulling the roots resulting in rivers,creeks
forming where none were before.
I do not know what to tell her and how to get her mold,internal, level checked
as she believes in docs and they do not believe that mold will cause problems.
When I walked into the house I immediately said I could smell mold she shrugged
and said it was coming from the basement as standing,running water was there,
but not from the main part of the house. She was not concerned. I am not so
sure as the studs looked moldy but they are 100 yr old so I do not know.
Mary