If the electric clips are in the water and they are not made of silver then you have your answer.
Bruce A

Sara Mandal-Joy wrote:
Hi, I've been making/using colloidal silver for some time, with a battery generator. Just use silver wire bent at the top to hook over the side of the quart jar. Sometimes they slip and get too close, so I tried a plastic lid with holes in it for the wires to fit into. Works better, but still some slippage. Could redo the holes, smaller size would work better. But I had some very fine copper wire, and tried making little hoops on the lid to hook the silver wires into, so they fall straight down. The copper wire does not touch the water, only the electric clips and the silver. I assumed the current would simply pass through them to the silver. But, I'm getting a strong tyndall effect, and slightly discolored cs, after just 40 minutes (down from my typical hour and twenty minutes yesterday, which made mud). I'm going back to just the lid with holes tomorrow, will try some smaller holes. But I'm curious what is happening, what is making the process speed up? And is that all that is going on? Thanks for any input. Sara