Okay, AIDS is an acquired immune deficiency caused by the virus HIV. Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Dudley" <mdud...@king-cart.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: CS>EIS Immune system booster?

faith gagne wrote:
I think "Boost" is the totally appropriate word for something that provides support and assistance in protecting the body. I do not think that your own immune system would attack you unless you had AIDS or something. Your friend is "splitting hairs". Faith G.
There are many diseases caused by one's own immune system attacking your own tissues. Arthritis and lupus are just two of them. I am not aware of any evidence that AIDS is an autoimmune disease at all.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autoimmune_diseases for a list of about 50 of them.

Marshall