> > I thought we'd already decided that the vaccination debate was for
> > the OFF topic list
> >
> > Kirsteen

> Well since it's one of the reasons why we are ill, don't you think
> it's appropriate to be a topic?
>
> Kurt

Hi folks! Can I clarify the situation here???

Remember, I've said before that occasional heads-up messages regarding
alternative health related political/legal/ethics issues are okay, with
follow-up to be taken to the OT list or elsewhere.

So, if Kurt wants to post the "occasional" notice of this kind, he's
welcome to, AND THE JOB OF EVERYBODY ELSE IS...

***NOT TO REPLY!!*** <grin>

So, Kirsteen, I don't want the extended discussion, but the occasional
one-post update is still acceptable.

Now, what do I define as "occasional?"  Not every day, for sure, so
please keep that in mind, Kurt, okay? Two to four alerts a week on all
such subjects should be safe, so be discerning in what topics you think
are most important and restrict yourself to posting just that.

This approach solves a couple of problems:  It allows those, like Kurt,
who see what they feel is important information, to share it with those
who are interested; it also avoids what is now an 18 message thread
responding to the subject of the original post, commenting on the
appropriateness of the subject, commenting on the comments on the
appropriateness of the subject... <whew!!> ... and so on.

Please don't anybody take this as a scold. I don't intend it that way.
Instead I hope it more clearly explains how I ask that we handle these
sorts of messages: An update, no replies here (or *VERY* few!),

As always, I'm here if you need me, folks.

Peace,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner