At 04:58 PM 3/12/2008, you wrote:

I get the impression that the off-topic list is regarded by some as some kind of inferior or trashy list and not worthy subscribing to.

I get the inspiration that those cannot manage their mail, make two mailboxes, and filter it.

 If they did this, it is zero trouble.

They don't want another 100 messages in their IN box to wade thru with the 300 others.
What a disaster !

Then again, maybe they know how to grow tomatoes, .......... but I doubt it.

My off topic mailbox has 13,146 messages in it.

The silver list mailbox only has 13,015 messages.

Wayne