At 04:34 PM 7/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Reid and List,
>>People on the Paleofood list report that their asthma goes away by removing
>>gluten and dairy, all traces of it, from the diet. See www.paleodiet.com
>

>   Migranes also go away, I know because I had to quit drinking milk.
>BUT doing that you are just changing your habits to reduce the
>symptoms. You are NOT getting rid of the asthma you are just masking
>the symptoms by changing your diet. Same thing the doctors do when they
>give you a pill for pain.
>

>Take Care
>Reid
>
>~~~~~~~
Reid,

I do not totally go along with your analogy.

Example. You have a leak in your pipe. When you use the faucet, water runs
down the side of pipe and onto the floor.

Avoidance: You do not use the faucet. It doesn't fix the problem, but it
does not increase the problem. And you can live pretty comfortably if a
little inconveniently.

Doctor fix: You put a nice cabinet around the pipe that hides the leak, and
use the faucet. Oh good, you think, now I can use the faucet, and no
problem. Six months...2 years...whatever...later, you are standing in front
of the sink and the floor caves in.

So, me...I'd rather just bring my water in a bucket, thank you, until I can
fix the pipe.

~^^V^^~