I got the Di water from Whole Foods.

At 01:09 PM 3/28/2008, you wrote:
Gene... is your DI water from a home filter system or some other source?

i sure do wonder just what it is that's happening to account for the difference.

bobL
-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Wolfe [mailto:ge...@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:09 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Cc: Cindy
Subject: RE: CS>Deionized Water for CS

In an earlier post bob Larson wrote:

At 04:21 PM 3/27/2008, bob Larson wrote:
this DI/RO water makes crystal clear CS but it's not as stable over the first two days as that CS made from the DW ... the meter reading drops by about half, whereas with DW it drops less than 1/3.

This made me concerned about the CS made with DI water, so I did some measuring. Using a COM-100 the PPM immediately after making the CS was 8.8. Two days later the PPM is 5.6, so there is a stability problem with CS made from DI water. I measured some older CS made with distiller water and got these readings:
7.6   to   7.1
8.0   to   6.9
8.0   to   7.5
so CS made with distilled water is more stable than CS made with DI water. I will continue to experiment with DI water.

Gene Wolfe