Evening Pat,

>> At 09:13 AM 5/2/2008, you wrote:

My raw milk always sours before a week is up.

  Go ahead and use it, Sour.

The Raw Milk I get will last 1.5 weeks to 2.0 weeks.

How cold is your refrigerator?  How are they handling it before you get it.
It may be a few days old when you get it.  There are many explanations.
Sometimes the milk is still warm when I get it. I have told them to put it in the refrigerator immediately. You would be surprised how many hours it takes for it to get cold.
( When in Gallon Jugs )

 I only use about 8 oz a day in my whey shake.

So, .......... you do not like Milk ? I drink 1/2 gallon per day and could drink a gallon easily.
At one time, I did in fact drink a gallon per day plus 6 raw eggs.

Maybe you need to read the 1929 article again.

The place where I buy it is a little out of the way so I can't just go there a couple times a week. Has anyone figured out if using colloidal silver in the milk to keep it fresh would destroy the enzymes or make it no better than pasteurized milk?

The homogenization is worse than the pasteurizing. Many people still do not understand the way bad FATS damage the body. The article at the link below does not tell the whole story.

====================
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/02/27/no-milk.aspx

When the cream in milk is in it's natural state, the fat globules are too large to go through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream.

( This one statement above almost disproves all the half truths and lies about milk )

Homogenization changes that by straining the fat through tiny pores under great pressure. XO attaches to the fat molecules (now reduced in size but increased in amount a hundred times) which are now small enough to get into the bloodstream and do its damage.

Possibly some half truths and lies on the link above, and it is on Dr. Mercola Site.

Still, .......... they do not say if this is sick people or healthy people. There is a Difference.

I drink any old kind of milk I can get, good, bad, ugly, raw, or processed, and have done so
for 50 plus years.   I know......... I may die tomorrow from the milk.

I still think milk, eggs, peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, and peanut butter are some of the best foods on the face of the earth.

Most of the foods, I eat intentionally are listed here, with the nutrition analysis.
www.fugitt.com/trailmix.htm    (not the foods I eat accidently )

Wayne