At 08:17 AM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
A small water injector alone, increases power and economy, reduces NOX emissions, allows using a more efficient higher compression ratio with lower octane fuels and keeps carbon deposits at bay.

Glad to see a few talking about these devices. I though they were all obsolete,
or the people that knew about them were obsolete.

I was installing these injectors in the 60's. The technology and origin dates back to the 50's and even into the 40's. Nothing new for sure.

Someone mentioned leaning out the fuel mixture.

It anyone has spent enough time around a race track, they well know the hazards and problems of monkeying with fuel mixtures. Considering the theory of the internal combustion engine, the fuel serves some other important tasks.

I had one vehicle lean out, all by itself.   Awesome economy.

Then, a valve over heated and dropped, then cracked the head, requiring a new engine.

If one does not understand all this, beware of monkeying with fuel mixtures.

Anyone that has raced for 20 or 25 years should be able to explain it very well.

Now, what government engines used water injectors ?  Maybe that is the
Top Secret part, or........ it might be Unclassified by now.

I still wonder what in the Heck, anything Classified or Unclassified is doing on this list.

Wayne