Evening Sol,

>> At 10:31 PM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
You mean from supplements in addition to any dietary intake? or do you mean from diet and any supplements combined?

I tend to believe this is the total as supplements were not mentioned in the few references I recall.

At times of the year, I do not feel I need any supplements when I can find fresh fruits, berries, and vegetables to eat all day long.

  It has been known since the 40's and 50's that one needs 750 mg per day.
   ( and 1500 mg of Calcium )

It would be easy for foods to supply all this at times. Under some conditions, it would be impossible, if you don't have the variety and quantity of fresh produce.

One thought,   Bananas are called high in potassium which is only a half truth.
Other foods are higher.

Most fresh fruits and produce are virtually the same in potassium.
Usually about 300 to 350 mg per 100 grams. ( some a little lower, some a little higher )
Almonds are high, and black strap molasses are higher.

 Wayne