Has he tried some light fruit, or maybe yogurt, something easy to digest? I used to tolerate juice, whole fruit juice or nectar. I really hated it when they tried to get me to eat a big steak or something- they thought they were doing me a favor I guess.

Congrats on taking good care of him, best wishes, hope it goes well. -kathryn