Dear Diane,

You write:
> They have him on
> to many meds but maybe that is necessary with the surgery.

and...
> Getting his stomach settled back down will be a challenge.  He doesn't
> even tolerate fruits right now but I'm sure that is short term.

You may have a clue here, ma'am. Could be the way things taste and the
upset stomach are specific side effects of one or more of the meds...

If you research each of the scrips he's on and what reactions they
cause in people, it may suggest how to prioritize your efforts to wean
him from them. COORDINATE WITH HIS DOCTORS, of course!

I wish you both well,

Mike D.