Isn't it easier to have an electric one?  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: M. G. Devour
Date: 28/06/2008 12:55:32
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>Distiller Idea? Was: Waterwise Non-Electric Distiller

> I have a stove top distiller.  You will find that the steam will quickly
> heat up your "condenser" collector and become a whole room steamer.
> Keeping the collector cool is a challenge.  The device I have uses
> another pot filled with cold water as the collector.  By the time you
> have distilled a quart, the water in the cooling pot is hot.

Dear Jim,

Thanks for describing your experience. Maybe that explains what all
that *structure* is above the top of the pot on the distiller Silvia
gave us the link to... It's all *radiator* fins!

So the idea of at least a small cooling fan starts to take on greater
importance. The rate of heat removal will limit production rate.

If I only get a half-gallon a day I won't be disappointed, as that's
how fast I can make CS. <grin>

Thnak you.

Mike D.