Evening Tony,

>> At 12:29 PM 7/6/2008, you wrote:

You seem very sure of what you think,  and that is good.

I rather hear from strong minds as weak ones.   <grin>

but he doesn't  do that every time.

  I do exactly the same thing every time.

Any inconsistencies in my mail are caused by, ...........

Software

Idiot Programmers

Microsoft

The Internet

Yahoo

The other mailer.    Or .......... mail servers or list servers.

Eudora is batting about a million to one, or maybe two.

I have used Eudora since the beginning of time.  Virtually every version.

And.........  99% of my settings have been the same forever.

It is a known and documented fact that many mailers have problems in display and how they interpret the standards known to exist.

It really looks its like Waynes emailer that is messing things up by
returning Plain Text received and replying as Plain and Html .

   Likely the quoted text is Plain, or  "As it was received".
Are you saying that some mailers simply can't display both ? What a disaster ! !

I never have a display problem not in thousands and thousands of message, Including all the ones that come back to me, after Yahoo, the internet, and bogus mailing list software gets thru changing them.

  Whatever goes out, must come back.

  Since I use 4 mail servers, I often send messages to myself to test them.

If you are getting two messages, there must be a reason. I think they originate somewhere other than on my system.

How do you deduct that Eudora or any mail software is intelligent enough to send two message to you, and maybe one or two others, out of tens of thousands of messages to thousands of people.

All the documentation and articles I can find state that no mailer sends two messages,
One in plain text and one in html.

Even when some of you send me a bogus message, it is perfect when I get it. Darn !

When you get two, ............ send them both to me. Complete 100 % with the header.
Of course your header may be incomplete, or not even display.
( another disaster for sure )

I can tell Eudora how to manage the header, and even add things that I want.
Plus, I can eliminate things I do not want to be display.

It is not a Mickey Mouse software and not a Micro Soft Free piece of junk.

Without a good and complete message header, .......... troubleshooting is impossible.

One other thing....... what is the name of your mail server ?
Both POP3 and SMTP servers.

Wayne