I use fertrell and kelp

I read about this material when the message was first posted. I made no comments but that does not mean I did not have many on my mind.

For what? What are you replying to?

A good and interesting questions, but is does not really matter. The same problems exist,
for all plants and crops.

The Fertrell appears to be a half decent product, like hundreds of others. At least they tell you the analysis. The company has many other products also.

I suggest two or more similar products, and 3 to 5 other organic sources to supply a variety of nutrients.

By doing this, one could come close to balancing the nutrients for the plants. It is a bit doubtful because most do not know the goal.

Plants have different growth stages and require different amounts at the different stages. In addition, some are sensitive to specific nutrients at specific growth stages,
A disaster can result.  One of the best example is .............

The Ratio of Female to Male flowers. This can be as high as 99 to 99.9 percent female flowers.
All the bees in the world cannot pollinate anything without a few male flowers.

The crop is melons and the nutrient is nitrogen. A super lush growing atmosphere makes this worse also. Balance is the name of the Game....... Be Careful.
This can virtually ruin a crop or delay fruit set by two to three weeks.

The other side of the picture involves intentionally changing the nutrient ratio for experimental
purposes.  Often this produces desirable results and some are amazing.

Due to the low analysis of fertrell and similar products, I would use at least two of such products.

Two to Five other organic materials would be in  order.

Unless you have very rich soil, or enriched growing media, you are not likely to get excessive amounts of nutrients.

If you could find the analysis of each item, you would make an effort to arrive at a total. It is not likely you will ever be able to do this. A list of the nutrients is not the same as a
total content analysis.

The rule is, and always has been, if you error with nutrient amounts use too little and not too much.

( animals and humans in another message, it is more interesting to some )

Wayne