David Bearrow wrote:

I would not use black salve on a nose as the nose tissue is too small and the black salve is very aggressive and you risk burning a hole in your nose if not burning your nose off completely.

Jason Eyton experimented on himself and took pictures of removing a skin cancer off his trunk with a black salve called cansema (now off the market, guy who sold it in jail).

Warning graphic pictures in this link:

http://www.silvermedicine.org/silver-healing-clay-cancer.html

Dave

Ingrid Naimon has written an excellent book on the subject http://www.cancersalves.com/

A friend of mine experimented with one of her herbal salve recipes with very good results but has now decided to opt for surgery as the location of his carcenoma just below the eye is very awkward, and therefore proved very difficult to apply the cream without it getting in his eye.

Ingrid recommends a less aggressive salve for less aggressive carcenomas. The formula of hers we tried is basically goldenseal, turmeric and calendula oil. This is a much more gentle salve than the black salves, but if one wants the faster and more aggressive approach, zinc chloride can be added to this goldenseal recipe. If one chooses the zinc chloride route then one should do plenty of research beforehand and then act quickly and be persistent with following the procedures otherwise there is the danger of possibly aggravating the growth of that which one is trying to eradicate.

http://www.cancersalves.com/botanical_approaches/individual_herbs/bloodroot.htm

"When there is no real definition of the treatment site, i.e., when no one really knows how extensive the malignancy or infection is, it is virtually impossible to anticipate the size or nature of the reaction to bloodroot. When bloodroot is mixed with zinc chloride—as it usually is—reactions can be violent and unpredictable. Elsewhere on this site, I speculate about how and why this happens. I suspect it is because the morbidity is extensive, i.e., not as localized as the tumorous mass itself.

Where there is infection, toxicity, acidity, and various other conditions in the vicinity of the tumor, responses to bloodroot applications can take place in minutes and affect much more tissue than the actual site where the paste is applied. Then, depending on the product used and the skill of the person using the product, inflammation, pain, and ultimately scarring can be more than some people expect. It is for such reasons that I feel that most people should be treated by experts, people with experience in this particular treatment modality.

Other Concerns

Since reactions to bloodroot can be painful and highly inflammatory, it seems to me that those opting for this treatment need to be well-informed, prepared, resolute, and decisive. To me, it has never seemed like an option to start this treatment and quit though I know people who have started and then turned to surgery as well as those who interrupted the treatment for some weeks or months and later resumed it. The fact that they lived suggests that the treatment is not as dangerous as it looks, but it is also not for the faint of heart. I personally believe that those using bloodroot preparations are well-advised to destroy the entire tumor as quickly as possible since I feel that inflammation and irritation of the tumor can conceivably aggravate tumor growth."

Shiona