Your TDS meter should give you a reading instantaneously.
There is a horizontal line embossed on the side for a depth limit
indicator. At any rate, depth would be about an inch.
Your battery may need replacing.

To check your CS without the meter, shine a light beam through your
CS. (We like the laser pointer pens, but a flashlight thru a pinhole
in a card will work too.) You should see the beam in the water if
there are particles there.
This is the Tyndall effect and at least it tells you something is
there.

                                                        Chuck
Purranoia: the fear your cats are up to something

On 8/11/2008 2:37:29 PM, Carrole Orme (captain_sun...@yahoo.ca) wrote:
> Hi
> I have a TDS meter and not sure about how I am using it.
> I put it in my CS jar and I
> wasn't getting anything just o
> I was wondering how long I have to leave it and how deep
> I was told to stir it
> I got a meter because my CS seems so clear I can't
> see any particles in it
> when I was 1st using it for a couple of yrs I did get particles from it
> and black stuff
> don't get really anything
> I am worried because I have a sick dog and I'm
> giving her a lot
> Appreciate some help

AM