For some reason, I was thinking this was a way to simulate shining a laser pointer into your eye. Which is, BTW, no more harmful than staring into the sun, or if you have more sense than a moth, just glancing at it by accident for a few milliseconds .

Ode

At 04:37 PM 8/13/2008 +0100, you wrote:
Thanks Mike.  dee

-------Original Message-------

From: <mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com>M. G. Devour
Date: 08/13/08 11:58:22
To: <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>TDS meter how to use

Chuck wrote:
>  you can do the same thing by sticking a pinhole in a
  playing card and
> shine a regular flashlight through it.

Dee replied:

  this didn't work when I tried it.

That's because your generator is making a
  predominantly ionic product
and the tyndal effect only reveals the
  particulate component. So the
tyndal effect can be very faint and may require a
  darkened room and the
intensity of the laser pointer to reveal it.