Unfortunately, the specs don't say diddley about the difference between the AC and DC units.
 Useless Info about the power supply, but.....
Like, what does the "generator" put out ???

No info.

There's no reason that the power supply should make any difference or that the generator couldn't do both types of functions.

Ode