Carrole,
 I asked another question of the manufacturer :

                No problem answering your questions.

                You are correct about the time. The unit has a built in
TDS type sensing circuit but no read out. If the machine runs for 3 hr
and shuts off you will have CS. What ppm depends upon the initial
setting and the purity of the water. If you have a TDS meter measure the
water before and after the run...subtract the initial reading from the
final and multiply by
                1.2 which will give you approx ppm of silver.

                Paul

                On 8/15/2008 12:09:25 PM, Norton, Steve
(stephen.nor...@ngc.com) wrote:
                > Paul,
                > Sorry to bother you again. This should be the last
time.

                > I am not interested in learning any proprietary
information. The unit
                > in question is the  CS Master AC. Your product
information says that
                > the completion of a CS generation is not determined by
time. My guess
                > is that you are making some sort of measurement
similar to a TDS test.

                > Question, is it possible for the unit to terminate
generation after 3
                > hours and CS not to have been made?

 Is there any chance you have contaminated DS? This could explain the
low level of CS if it is contaniminated but not bad enough to trip the
water quality monitor in your generator. It could also be that the unit
isn't operating correctly. I think your observations of a faint beam
with the laser pointer indicates low ppm CS. Is there anything you are
doing during the process, such as cleaning the electrodes that could
cause contanimation? You could also try running the same batch twice if
the generator will let you.  With a digital multimeter you could check
your setup for voltage and current:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92020

Or get a TDS meter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170250480664&ssPageNa
me=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=170239081511&itemcount=1
2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgetty
pe=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%2
52BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D12

It might be worth the expense.
 - Steve