Hi Carole, I do not have any vaccinations at all and never had, and have never had 'flu either and I am 65. I have had colds and take CS for them as soon as I even sniff. I may feel poorly for a couple of days but then it is gone and all that is left is the cough, which doesn't seem to be cured by CS in all cases. Sometimes it is, but definitely sore throats are almost *immediately* cured by CS. My family takes CS for 'flu and in all cases, it makes the symptoms much more bearable, and cuts the duration of the 'poorly' time down by more than half. This alone tells me that it is well worth taking. dee

Carole Coffman wrote:
Wayne ~

That's Carole (with an "e") and I manage my posts very well thank you.

I have asked questions before and got answers, but that is not my complaint. Off topic is my complaint.

So, in order to stay on topic I will ask this in response to Mary's post about flu shots.

I never get them any more myself. Have not had one now in over 10 years and I haven't had the flu since then either. Seems before when I got the shot I always got the flu. (Humm, see a pattern here?)

The thing that concerns me is my elderly mother. She is 85 and gets the shot every year because that is what her doctor recommends to her. My question is this; If she were to take CS on a daily basis, say 1 oz per day, could she fight off the flu if she came into contact with it? And if not, say she got the flu anyway, could she fight it off easier taking say 8 oz of CS per day while feeling the symptoms?