 Antitrust laws are for when one company controls the entire market.
The food industry is by no means a monopoly. There are thousands of companies, big and small. The little ones roasted by a recall don't make headlines. The big ones make better more sensational targets.

ode

At 05:32 PM 8/23/2008 -0400, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:dr...@earthlink.net>James McCourt, Ph.D.
To: <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: CS>FDA Unleashes Mass Irradiation of Spinach, Lettuce and Other Vegetables

Massive agricultural corporations with long shipping routes from uninspected international countries with lower hygiene standards must destroy food enzymes and foreign contaminants so the product won't rot along with their profits. Or you could just buy local food and vote for politicians that would enforce our antitrust laws.

I am for voting for our politicians who enforce our antitrust laws. Perhaps Google would produce such a list. Faith G.