Hi Jess,

Probably a good reason to get tests done for t3, t4, ft3, ft4, etc., before taking any thyroid supplementation. There can be a real problem with the thyroxine (t4) being present in Armour Thyroid and others. Some folks don't need it (like me) and it sends me round the bend. TSH seems to be a generally unreliable test, but seems you can't get the others without it.
And these tests are available online.

FWIW,

Craig

jessi...@optonline.net wrote:
Neenah, I have know about the Broda Barnes test for years. Many people I know have body temps below 98.7 in the morning and even during the day after arising. However, if they take thyroid supplements in minor amounts, they lay awake all night, lose too much weight, can't tolerate heat, etc. This leads me to believe that the body temp test is not true for everyone. Recently a friend was using a green powder like Shultz's which has some seaweed. She ended up with Graves disease and it caused congestive heart failure. So it was serious while she was waiting for all the extra iodine to leave her body. Have you heard of problems like this before? Thanks, Jess