Yes, Nenah thanks for mentioning it- it is the best way to start detoxing. I do not have a sauna, but I use hot baths with salt in the water to facilitate sweating. I always feel better (well, sometimes not, due to toxins released), and have been doing it for years. It is really important to make sure the sweat is wiped off or washed off right away, since the skin just sucks it back in. That is why I put salt in the water- to help the osmotic potential be on the right side for toxins exiting.

Kathryn

On Sep 2, 2008, at 6:11 PM, Nenah Sylver wrote:

Sara,
I know a few other people with exquisite sensitivities. Toxins in the body can prevent anything from working correctly. I’m wondering, have you thought of or tried sauna therapy? Sweating is one of the best ways to eliminate toxins.

Nenah
www.nenahsylver.com
author, The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy

From: Sara [mailto:sce2...@windstream.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:28 PM
To: silver list
Subject: Re: CS>OT > multiple chemical sensitivity and infections

I really hesitate to be frank here, because it sounds so crazy. but i have been reacting very badly to anything organically grown for years, including clothing. i have some theories but don't really know why. could be they fertilize with fish source stuff, and anything from the ocean tends to really bother me, with heavy metals and pollutants and possibly iodine. anyway, it's ironic that the stuff that could be best for me hurts me so much. as a note, i seem to react to stuff in concentrations that even insects can deal with. it's what i call a sci-fi illness.

sara