YES !!!! I can eat my hot dogs...thanks so much,
debbie

--- On Sat, 10/4/08, cking...@nycap.rr.com <cking...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

From: cking...@nycap.rr.com <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: What went around, comes around wasCS>blue moons revisited
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 2:40 PM

Imagine that...
You have a legitimate reason for bloodletting.
And this was laughed at as a naive procedure left over from early
medical treatments.
Now you need a Dr that will do bloodletting.

Everything old is new again, and Woody Allen was right in "Sleeper"

Found this:

"As it turns out, sodium nitrite, the chemical used to color and
preserve hot dogs and other meats, has remarkable effects on the
cardiovascular system. In fact, it appears that nitrite salts may have
a beneficial effect on all of the body's organs: heart, brain,
lungs-everywhere the blood flows. Dr. Mark Gladwin and an NIH
cardiologist, Dr. Richard Cannon III, discovered that even very small
doses of nitrate almost tripled blood flow. This translates to
prevention and/or cure of heart attacks, pulmonary hypertension,
sickle cell anemia, and strokes-and that's just the short list.

They also proved that when people exercised, nitrite levels dropped
dramatically in the muscles being exercised. This indicates that by
some mechanism, the body was using the nitrite in exercise. Oxygen
deprivation, for whatever reason, is what eventually does us in. If
this deprivation can be avoided, you will live longer and healthier.

Sodium nitrite seems to have the ability to guard your cells against
hypoxia (lack of oxygen). The researchers were amazed at the finding
because they had been taught that nitrites had little medical
relevance."

                                                Chuck

Hearsay:
 What small children do when you mutter a dirty word.