sol wrote:
RE the pressing on the nail bed to see if the color goes away or not---
When I try that, SOME of the color does indeed go away, but not all of it. Perhaps that means I have blue nails from more than one cause?
sol

This can be tricky. Remember that the moons are often pink colored, from the blood if there is no silver, and when you press down on them, the pink goes to white. Thus what you see if you have silver is the blue-gray of the silver mixed (not added, but mixed as with paints) with the pink of the blood, giving a more gray appearance (pink is the complement of blue or violet). Thus if you press on it you may see a slight lightening, and slight shift from a gray slate to a blue slate. However if you see a light lightening from a blue slate to a less blue slate, then that would likely indicate that you might have circulatory problems as well, since in that case the blood would be blue instead of red/pink.

Marshall