This is exactly what I believe happens Rowena. As I said, the mind is the most powerful tool in the world. dee

Rowena wrote:
What I have been led to believe in my various readings is that the subconscious is always listening in and believing stuff, so that if you incautiously say something like "I always get things wrong" it will very kindly oblige and implement your 'instructions'. I suppose this is how subliminal advertising works. Conscious mind doesn't see it, subconscious does, recognises the brand, obeys the instructions.