----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Fugitt" <cwa...@netdoor.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 4:00 PM
Subject: CS>Simple CS Generator, Sophisticated Controller

[Oh, I use a full wave bridge, no battery and no power supply.
Now, ..... figure that one out.  Wayne]

Not even going to try Wayne, I'm down for the count by a TKO. Things aren't that quiet after all are they? <g> BUT, a resistor controls current across electrodes doesn't it, which would mean they are a form of current controller...yes? NO!!!, Sorry, just thought about that and realised I should have said current LIMITER not CONTROLLER. Difference between 'control' and 'limit'. My misinterpretation of the word 'control'. Control the voltage and limit the current!! So, forget about the voltage, it's just current limited. As painful as it may be for you lot, I'm not sorry I chimed in when I did today as I now see what I am constantly stuffing up...'control' and 'limit', this is where I am making the same mistake and hadn't realised it. Gotta let that word 'control' go in the context I'm using it. Voltage CONTROL is another story altogether. I got to think more before getting on here, nevermind, and yes I know...DUH!!

<current limiter, current limiter, current limiter......voltage controller, voltage controller, voltage controller!>

N.