Who is DH?  Who is Lacie?    Is this family or business associate?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rowena" <new...@aapt.net.au>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Links, Mailers, and External Hard Drives for backing up

Apparently it is actually an external hard drive, so now I am a little wiser
than I was before.  DH brings it in, connects it up, downloads everything
(can be an overnight job!) then disconnects and takes it away again until
next time.  It's stored away from the computer, though I don't think it is
actually in any emergency grab and go bag for if there is a fire or flood!
Has been very useful in doing all sorts of jobs for people's computers away
from home, too.

LaCie - External Hard Drives, Network Hard Drives, RAID, Monitors ...
LaCie offers external hard drives, DVD & Blu-ray drives as well as lcd
monitors and calibrator systems for desktop publishing professionals.
www.lacie.com/

Rowena

Hi Rowena:  I use Outlook as well.  There maybe some way to disable that
compacting thing.  I get it at times but I ignore it.   What kind of a
device is it that you use to back up your whole computer every week?  I
think that it a wonderful idea and I would like to begin doing that also. I have a 2GB SanDisk but find transferring stuff laborious. thanks. Faith G.