On 12/6/08, zzekel...@aol.com <zzekel...@aol.com> wrote:

>1. Where is the best place 2 get the wire or rods
> I need. I called local jewelers with no luck.  {& I'm not sure how 2 use a
> silver coin in the generator.}

The jeweler should be able to sell you some "fine silver" wires.  Fine
silver is generally 99.9% fine, which is fine (pun intended) for
making CS.  Ask for 12 gage wire.  It will be more expensive from a
jeweler.  Try somewhere like www.ccsilver.com

To use coins, have the flat sides face each other in the brewing jar,
just make sure that if you use another metal to connect to the coins
(other than silver) that this base metal does not touch the water in
the brew jar.

>    2. I have been reading several books & in a couple it calls 4   3 nine
> volt batteries 2 B used in the generator and in another it calls for 49 volt
> batteries.. Which should I use?????  { I'm just constructig my generator
> now-}

You can make colloidal silver with a wide range of voltages. Four 9
volt batteries is 36 volts.  You can make it with one 9 volt battery,
it will just take longer to make.  Higher voltages like 36 volts makes
the process start faster, but once it starts, unless you have a
current limiter in the circuit, or use a resistor to limit current, it
is easy to have the process "run away" or proceed too quickly, once it
starts putting silver into the water.

>     3. The book also calls 4 "zipper wire"  I don't know what in the dickens
> that is....will the speaker wire U use 2 hook up a speaker system in a car
> work???   I'll most likely bombard U with ???? I hope U don't mind.. Thanks,
> Lois

I think "zipper" wire is like the generic speaker wire which has 2
insulated conductors side by side.  If you cut them apart at one end
and then pull them apart, they will pull apart as if you were
unzipping them.  (The thin insulation connecting the 2 wires together
will separate.)

Dan