Bernadette,
It may be worth trying Monolauren. I remember reading a testamonial
where it had cured Mononucleosis within a couple of days but I cannot
re-find that testamonial.  It is effective against Epstien-Barr viruses
of which I believe Mono is one. I use it with my 10 year old daughter
when she gets strep throat and it clears it up almost immediately. It is
also completely non toxic.
Good luck,
      Steve N