That was probably trichlorethane. That is different then things like Freon 12 and 22. I have worked with both, and although never noticed any effects from the 12 and 22, that trichlorethane was pretty nasty stuff.

Marshall

Dan Nave wrote:
I used to be exposed regularly to fluorinated hydrocarbons (I hope
that is the right way to refer to them...) from a freon degreaser that
was used to clean electronic assemblies.

I found that this gave me heart palpitations, and the best thing I
found to remove this was drinking ozonated water.  I proved this to
myself several times as I was periodically exposed to the freon and
subsequently used the ozonated water.  I made this myself by running
ozone from a small ozone generator thru water.

Dan

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Sharlene Miyamura