Pam,
MSM is a derivative of DMSO. DMSO is a "solvent", which means it
penetrates through the skin like water through a tissue (the "wetting
agent" effect). Because DMSO is a sulphur-based compound, it has a
garlic-like smell, which, when you put DMSO on your skin, would in
seconds cause your breath to smell like garlic. MSM does not have this
odour problem. Whether the processing of DMSO to MSM gives it more
benefits to the body than DMSO I am not certain of. But Brooks Bradley
puts as much MSM into the CS as it takes for it to reach saturation (no
more will dissolve) and uses that both externally and internally, as
much as the client is willing to take (no overdose or side-effect
worries). He adds ascorbic acid to offset the bitterness of MSM. I
assume that means he puts in the ascorbic acid first (don't know how
much) and then reaches saturation with MSM afterwards. Hope this helps.
Terry Wayne