Faced with a severe molar infection from a 4yr. temporary that was breeched and having read the root canal cover up and the views of holistic practitioners like Hulda Clark, Huggins, Jerome, Cook and biological dentist views I chose extraxtion vs. root canal. The extraction by a biologic dentist took 3 hours of extreme force leaving me bruised, 14 stitches and in pain. the tooth roots were strongly attached to the bone but the pulp was destroyed and the tooth was dead after a 2 1/2 week painful infection. The tooth was a large molar and the one I depended on to eat my raw foods. It beared the functional load and maintained the stability and bite. For 2 weeks now I can only eat juice and soup and am still healing and needed cranial work for all the bone shifting and buising of cranial bones. I now have a huge hole and feel incomplete and was informed the only safe replacement is a removeable partial to remind me of the void and that dreaded day. I now wish I had never been informed and chose root canal instead. The trauma to my other teeth,palate and livelihood have left me empty and confused. There is no subsuitute for your own teeth! Is there any safe root canals? Calcium hydoxide, lazer, ozone? The mouth is always dealing with bacteria, under fillings and in the mouth so why is a root canal so much worse? Putting in artificial materials the rest of one's life can't be healthy. IF bacteria were causing a problem in a dead tooth wouldn't the jaw bone or adjacent teeth be affected? Can energy pass through a root canal meridian? If everyone had all root canals out they would have mutiple atrifical replacements which is compromising to the jaw and immune system. Many of my friends have root canals for 25 years with no problems and good health. I wish I only had answers to these questions before I was forced to make the dreaded decision.