At 04:55 PM 4/14/2009 -0500, you wrote:
Hey Malcolm,

My interpretation of what Ode said is...

Just think how really bad sick you might have... probably would have been had you not taken the CS.

Ruth  ;-)

## Right. But if you don't take the CS, you still don't know how sick you wouldn't have been.
 You don't know anything at all, about what didn't happen.

If I take CS to prevent getting sick and don't get sick, I can only guess that the CS was the reason.
 But a guess is a good enough reason to keep doing it.

There's this guy running around in circles screaming at the top of his lungs..
 "Why are you doing that"? asks a bystander.

"To keep the bears away, of course"

 "There's no bears around here"

"Works good, don't it"  !

"Supperstition" The belief that I'll have dinner tonight, based upon eating last night and the night before. The suppersition? Darkness conspires with a thousand other things to put food on the table.

Ode

Every reaction results in an equal and opposite inaction, in action.