Jim,
I was going to post some info on the Reams lemon thing, but thought it
would cause an uproar, yet I am encouraged by your little discussion,
so here is a bit I was composing for Vilik. Let me know what you think.
Also, I have people all over the continent who want me to test them.
Would you be willing to tell me how you can do long-distance testing?
Reams always said that the urine/saliva samples must be less than 30
minutes old. If you are willing to share this with me, you can send it
to me privately at tw...@yahoo.com. (There are enough clients for us
both!?) (BTW, I would consider 4 oz per hour of lemon water to a bit
high at the beginning. Carey Reams had most clients - according to his
son - drink two oz per hour or one oz every half hour. In case of too
severe a healing crisis, go down to one oz per hour or even 1/2 oz
every hour.)

Vilik, this is for you (and any interested others).

Glancing at your email on the list, I felt I wanted to respond to your
line of questions. This will again differ from the norm, but I am still
coming from Dr. Reams teaching. The chemist you mentioned touched on
the central issue concerning lemons, when he mentioned that it is
attracted to cations. To make sense of that, let me define anions and
cations.

Firstly, an ion is a molecule with an electric charge. An anion
contains the smallest amount of energy known to man. One anion will
contain from 1 to 499 Milhouse units of energy. It is a negative
charged ion. Anionic corresponds to alkaline. Its electrons orbit
around the nucleus in a clockwise direction.

A cation corresponds to acid. One cation will contain from 500 to 999
Milhouse units of energy. It is a positive charged ion. Its electrons
orbit in a counter-clockwise direction. When a cation gains more than
999 Milhouse units of energy, it splits into two anions.

Lemons are the only food which are purely anionic. The catch (which
your chemist may not know) is that this is only true of fresh lemons.
After about 30 minutes of exposure to air (oxygen), lemon juice becomes
cationic. The confusion comes when one thinks in terms of acid and
alkaline. Lemon juice would always be thought of as acid, but, while
fresh, is anionic (which corresponds to alkaline). If you had an acid
urine pH and you used Dr. Reams' lemon/water drink as he suggested,
your pH would become more alkaline. This seems illogical when you think
of lemon juice as acidic. But it's not, its anionic. In addition to
fresh lemon juice, the only other thing that is purely anionic is pure
calcium.

According to Reams, anions are attracted to the Van Allen radiation
belt around the earth. Cations are attracted to the earth itself.
Cationic foods include potatoes, carrots, beets and other root
vegetables, which grow into the earth because of their cationic
composition. They are not wholly cationic, however; the flowering,
leafy part is anionic, which is why it grows upwards (actually, even
the roots are part cationic and anionic, but mostly cationic). Corn,
tomatoes, etc., are mostly anionic and grow upwards, but their cationic
root parts grow down into the earth.

According to Reams, the key issue here concerns our digestive process.
The gastric juice produced by the liver is anionic. All foods (except
fresh lemons) are a varying mixture of cationic and anionic. When the
anionic gastric juices come into contact with cationic foods, the two
ions react to each other, much like vinegar and baking soda, and energy
is released to be used by the body. Let me quote from Dr. Reams, "We do
not live off the food we eat, we live off the energy from the food we
eat. The anion rotates in a clockwise direction. The cation in a
counter-clockwise direction. Resistance is created when these two
moving forces, rotating in opposite directions, collide. The measure of
the resistance, in chemistry, is called "pH". When a person gets sick,
there are not enough anionic substances present to supply the energy he
needs from the cationic foods eaten." Add to that the issue of the
foods being demineralized, and the problem becomes more serious.

Dr. Reams used fresh lemon juice as a part of a restorative therapy
with his clients (one part juice to nine parts distilled water). The
juice provided anionic substances to their livers.

To Reams, the issue was not eating an alkaline or acid diet, but giving
your body what it needed, which focused especially on the right kinds
of calciums. When I test a client's urine/saliva pH, I am looking to
see how efficient their digestion is, which is one of the first issues
to rectify, because, if you can't digest it, how can you utilize it?
The proper calciums provide the body with those elements that are
necessary for the body to manufacture essential digestive juices. The
pH tests also indicate the speed and efficiency of the digestion
(alkaline pH means slower digestion, acid pH means faster digestion),
the level of minerals available to be used by the body, the
strength/efficiency of the insulin, the mineral reserve (what is left)
in the body, and they effect the interpretation of the other numbers
from the test.  Dr. Reams said that if you could only do one test, the
pH test would be the most important.

As Jim said, the lemon/water therapy is so effective, many people
experience a healing crisis when they do it. But don't think of it as
lemon juice, think of it as supplying your liver with the anionic
materials it needs to correct unbalanced metabolic chemistry.

Terry Wayne