Just to remind everybody of a few things...

Karen wrote:
> I see nothing wrong with the post [about swine flue as evil plot], magnets
> have nothing to do with CS either but no one has said anything about
> those...

Yes, I allow, even encourage, other health-related questions to be
asked and answers given, so long as anything not CS-related gets
covered more briefly. Magnets are okay, so long as they don't stick
around too long. <wink>

Why be so loose with the topic? Because we always have and always will
*get* those kinds of questions anyway, and a *lot* of good help and
useful information usually results. I've been criticized for this by
some people, but I think it contributes a great deal to the group's
sense of community.

> This is an important topic, and whether or not it is true will be seen
> in the next few months, there is no reason to ever be rude.

Indeed, there is never reason to be rude.

Rense is generally thought of as a fairly speculative information
source -- some would characterize him as fringe -- but I would not have
jumped on Paula for posting this and other such links OCCASIONALLY, as
long as everybody understands that any discussion of the controversial
aspects of them are carried out on the OT list.

The difference between Paula's message and, for instance, Aaron's
comments that I remarked on just yesterday, was that Paula was only
giving a brief description of the content, and not a lengthy discourse
or speculation.

Part of the diversity that I expect everyone to tolerate is that some
folks here believe things that you find a bit of a stretch... sorta
like how your snotty brother-in-law (or pick your other favorite
annoying person) thinks about *YOU* and that stupid colloidal silver
stuff that you're always prattling on about... <end sarcasm>

We know that not everything we're reading, mainstream or alternative,
is true or paints a complete picture. We're all adults capable of
discernment. I'm willing to allow a bit of... variety, so long as
discussion of politics and other controversy stays strictly limited on
the main list.

I would appreciate if you all refrain from publicly correcting each
other's behavior (playing list cop). I'm the one that should do that. I
will either make public posts like this one, or I'll talk quietly to
the individuals involved off-list. If I'm doing the latter you won't
know it, and your efforts to police things will only cause hard
feelings and disruption.

In the future, please contact me directly if you see anything you think
should not be going on.

Thanks for your efforts to resolve the disagreement.

Be well!

Mike Devour
silver-list owner

Paula posted...

Kathryn (Clayton Family) retaliated:
> >> This is just so much crap!
> >>
> >> I wish you would post this to the off topic list, and quit polluting
> >> this one with this kind of fearmongering nonsense.

Indi joined in: