Are you growing your own or buying a prepared stevia? I grow mine and it does
not leave an aftertaste that I can tell.
Gayla Roberts
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laurie Valente
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:12 PM
  Subject: CS>stevia feedback

  Hi,

  I am new to the list and thougth I would give some feedback on Stevia. It is
from a perennial plant in Central and South America, part of the chrysanthemum
family. It goes back to the 1880's. Used for a long time to sweeten their
drinks.
   Today it is grown and harvested around the world. Don't use too much as I
agree with Harold, it does have an after-taste.

  Are you looking for an alternative sweetener, low in calories? Agave nectar
isn't sugar or calorie free, but it's natural. The taste doesn't leave an
after-taste.

  Laurie